ICOS (Integrated Carbon Observation System) is the European Research Infrastructure (RI) providing high-precision data on greenhouse gases. Our aim is to provide knowledge through observations. We are serving Earth System Science as well as societies and political decision makers. Our data comprise atmospheric concentrations, emissions and sinks of greenhouse gases, biogeochemical cycles in terrestrial ecosystems, oceans and atmosphere and related research.
ICOS is a landmark of the European Strategic Forum on Research Infrastructures (ESFRI) and aiming to become an important part of the global observation system on climate and greenhouse gases.
ICOS is coordinated by a European Research Infrastructure Consortium (ICOS ERIC) with statutory seat in Finland. The Head Office (HO) of ICOS ERIC, located in Helsinki, supports the central aims of ICOS ERIC to coordinate, develop, monitor and integrate the activities of ICOS RI by facilitating the work of the Director General (DG), the Research Infrastructure Committee and the General Assembly. The HO is led by the Director General. The HO is organized in four Units for ‘Administration’, ‘Operations’ and ‘Communication’ as well as direct support for the DG.
ICOS ERIC is hiring an EU Project Administration Assistant
who shall be responsible for the following:
• Supporting Project Coordinators in administrative management of their EU projects
• Supporting and consulting Head Office staff about compliance to EU regulation
• Supporting the Project Management (e.g. Documentation maintenance, coordination of the deliverable submission, managing agreements)
• Preparing financial reports and transfer of EU payments
• Supporting in proposal writing and procurement
The position is a full-time, temporary position until 31th of December 2019.
You are a self-driven and pro-active professional with excellent communications skills and an ability to work both independently and as a part of a team in an international environment.
To be successful in this position, you also need to have
• Applicable education and experience in similar tasks
• Good knowledge and experience in the project management of EU funded projects (Horizon2020 preferable)
• Financial expertise
• Good organising and prioritising skills
• Fluent written and spoken English, Finnish is beneficial
The starting salary range will be 2800 – 3200 € per month but own ideas can be expressed. There is a six-month trial period. ICOS ERIC is an equal opportunity employer.
If you got interested, please send your CV and application in English with salary expectation via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15.1.2018. For further information, the same email can be used. Further information about ICOS in general can be obtained from the ICOS RI website.